Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that ASEAN leaders established ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN. The Foundation exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN’s body, the Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction and development of the people of ASEAN. For more info about the ASEAN Foundation, visit: www.aseanfoundation.org
Throughout 2021 for a period of 8 – 24 weeks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Undergraduate study in any major
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience working collaboratively in campus/faculty and volunteering organization
- Good analytical skills and have basic knowledge and understanding about ASEAN (socio-economic, people, culture, innovation & technology)
- Basic skills in video editing, event management, and coordination would be a plus
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Resourcefulness, initiative, enthusiasm and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
HOW TO APPLY
Send your application form, portfolio, motivational letter, recent CV, and the university’s letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Communication Intern – Your Name” as the subject. The form can be found here.